[ Panta Rhei ] [ Lunch talk schedule ]
[ Student talk schedule ]
[ Seminars ]
Go back to the Process & Energy website.
In 1989 a debating society called Panta Rhei started in our group.
This Greek expression can be translated to 'Everything flows'.
The objectives of Panta Rhei are related to the interests of students and
staff members of the section. The main objectives are:
- Intensification of communication between the members of the section.
- Representation of the interests of students working in the laboratory.
- Supply of information about Fluid Mechanics.
In order to attain these objectives, the following activities are organised:
- One of the most important activities are the lectures. Besides lectures by
researchers from university and industry, this also includes graduate work
presented by students.
- Supply of information to undergraduate students. Guided tours for students
searching for the right spot to do their final project.
- Excursions to other related research groups, or to interesting companies.
- Social activities like organising drinks after lectures, organising fun
things like BBQ's and days out.
These activities are announced by means of a mailing list. If you want to join this
mailing list, please contact the secretary of Panta Rhei.
For questions/suggestions about graduate work at our laboratory or about the activities organized by Panta Rhei, please contact one of the following
- Jerke Eisma, Chairman
- Pedro Costa, Secretary
- Greta Quaranta, Treasurer